For those customers with QuickBooks Online integration, we have an auto-sync feature that will keep your data in-sync with your QB Online account automatically.
Here's how it works:
- When you initially connect to your QB Online account, you will still perform the first sync manually. Just sync each element until they are all completed.
- What changes will auto-sync bring over to the portal? Auto-sync will receive an update from the QuickBooks Online servers any time a record is added, changed, or deleted.
- These notifications will hit our server, and then our servers will perform the required synchronizations. Note: there is a delay of a few minutes from the time the change occurs in your QuickBooks Online account and when Intuit sends us the notification. For example, if you add a new invoice in your QuickBooks Online account, it will show up in the portal within about 3-5 minutes. This is actually by their design. This prevents multiple updates happening at the same time or updates overwriting an update that is currently in process.
- Do I still need to run manual syncs?
- Not really. But you can always run a manual sync in the rare circumstance that an auto-sync failed and you don't see a customer, invoice, payment, etc.